In the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh’s Chhatarpur district are a collection of Hindu and Jain temples known as the Khajuraho Group of Monuments. They are roughly 175 kilometres southeast of Jhansi, 10 kilometres from Azad Nagar Khajwa, 9 kilometres from Rajnagar, and 49 kilometres from Chhatarpur, the district’s administrative centre. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, they are.The temples are renowned for their architectural symbolism in the nagara style and a few sexual sculptures.
The Chandela dynasty constructed the majority of the Khajuraho temples between 885 and 1000 CE. According to historical accounts, the 20 square kilometre Khajuraho temple complex contained 85 temples by the 12th century. Only roughly 25 of these temples—scattered over a six-kilometer area—have survived. The Kandariya Mahadeva Temple is the most lavishly embellished of the remaining temples.
Distance from Shatam Jeeva